Wrekin Retirement Living
We provide homes that offer safety, security and reassurance with services that give choice, flexibility and freedom. Located across Telford and wider Shropshire, our schemes are close to local amenities, meaning everything you need is close by. Our residents’ lounges, kitchens and laundry facilities are either onsite or a short walk away from your front door.
How many Retirement Living Schemes does Wrekin Housing Group have?
There are over 30 retirement living schemes consisting of one and two bedroom apartments (available to over 55s) and bungalows (available to over 65s).
What are the benefits of Retirement Living?
By living in a Wrekin Retirement Living scheme you will be benefiting from:
- Our award winning repairs and maintenance service
- A dedicated grounds maintenance
- A call system with 24/7 response
- Organised activities and escorted trips
- Residents’ lounge where you can relax or enjoy various social activities
- Residents’ kitchen and laundry facilities
- A monthly newsletter, featuring activities and trips
- Guest apartments (available in selected schemes).
Retirement Living Co-ordinator
To give tenants reassurance, peace of mind, freedom and flexibility throughout retirement, all of our Retirement Living schemes have a dedicated Retirement Living Co-ordinator.
What will the Retirement Living Co-Ordinator do?
- Assist you to manage and maintain your tenancy,
- Enable you to remain independent,
- Offer help and assistance should you require care and support,
- Undertake welfare and pendant checks in your home,
- Undertake health and safety checks in residents areas,
- Organise and facilitate social activities,
- Promote additional services and trips.
Organised social activities and trips:
Our organised social activities and escorted trips are perfect for keeping you active and in touch with friends, and are also great for meeting new people. Should you choose to get involved, you will be given the support and confidence to join in. Past trips have included days out to the seaside, parties and canal trips.
Who can apply?
You need to be 55 or over to apply to live in a Retirement Living apartment or be over 65 to live in a Retirement Living bungalow. If you are interested in applying you can find out more by calling 01952 217183 or emailing the Retirement Living team.
Is there any extra support available?
If you feel you need extra support you will need to contact your Retirement Living Co-ordinator for them to arrange a referral to our Support and Enablement team for them to carry out an assessment of your needs.
At the initial assessment, they will talk to you to find out if there are any additional areas you need help with. The information you give will be confidential and will be used to assist them to develop and agree a support plan with you. The Support Plan will clearly show the areas in which you need support; the outcomes that are hoped to be achieved and how they will work towards achieving them.
The visits will be arranged for a time and date that is mutually agreed.