Armed Forces Covenant
We are committed to providing safe, affordable, and quality housing and opportunities for Armed Forces veterans and their families.
The Armed Forces Covenant, which Wrekin originally signed in 2014, is a pledge that local communities, business and public organisations acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
Wrekin’s pledges include:
- Encouraging partners to embrace the Armed Forces Covenant, recognising that it is beneficial for all;
- Working with clients and supply chain partners to offer job and training opportunities to people with a connection to the Armed Forces
- Supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process;
- Supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- Supporting staff who are members of the Reserve Forces; granting additional leave for annual Reserve Forces training;
- Supporting staff who are volunteer leaders in Military Cadet Organisations, granting additional leave to attend annual training camps and courses;
The covenant also underlines Wrekin’s support for national events such as Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and its support for Armed Forces charities.
Wrekin has a longstanding history of providing job and training opportunities for the Armed Forces community and remains committed to offering meaningful and sustainable employment.